14 November 2017

20 years ago today - Volodia's family and finding common ground with my least favorite comp. - 14 Nov 1997

Journal Entry 14 Nov 1997:
Last night I had a very interesting night. We were heading down to Volodia's flat to teach a new member discussion. When the bus finally arrived I made my way to my favorite spot on the bus but was stopped short finding everyone looking downward. I then looked down myself, only to find laying in my favorite spot was a prostrate man. I don't know if he was dead or just passed out drunk but he reeked of alcohol and wasn't moving. He might have died from alcohol poisoning. Everyone just stared, no one did anything though.

So, on the lighter side of things we had an awesome discussion that night. Volodia's wife Galina really opened up, she had many questions. Elder Russell and I haven't gotten along well at all or found we have anything in common. However, in that discussion I found we have the most important thing in common for companions to have, the gospel. We talked and worked together. It was awesome, she would have a question or concern, he would have an answer, then I would follow up with the scripture. The spirit was felt very strongly.

Got to go, see ya!

Here are some pictures that were taken during my time with Volodia and his family:
This is Volodia, his wife, daughter and their two pets.

Volodia the younger, myslelf and Volodia Kutepov at a discussion.


I enjoyed taking this style of picture. 
His cat would climb onto his lap, make its way up to his shoulder then jump from there to the upper part of the cupboard. I managed to steal this shot once, catching the cat in the act. He was just humble enough to let his cat do this without so much as batting an eye. It wouldn't even disrupt our discussions. 

Elder Russell with Galina and the cat.




Galina dressing up funny for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment