11 November 2017

20 years ago today - Finland to renew our Russian visa's - 12 Nov 1997

Today was a very beautiful day!

To get anywhere in Russia is about an overnights trainride. We arrived in Helsinki for our renewed Russian Visa's about 11:30 a.m. local time and spent the day exploring until about 5 p.m. Then we reboarded the same train. I'm on the train now writing this journal entry. This train is like an antique compared to the ones in Helsinki. The economic disparity is very apparent. The cars keep jerking around, I swear the driver is either drunk or doesn't know how to drive the train very well. For al I know the train could be getting pulled by reindeer. As the missionary on the lower bunk just said, "this sucks!" Helsinki is so nice! It's clean, quiet, clean, the subway system is way cool. Everyone usually sits and it is so quiet! Everything is clean. We went to Pizza Hut as you can see (Journal entry written on placemat) and McDonald's which can both be found on nearly every corner in Helsinki. We went into a grocery store and I got so excited I went crazy grabbing all kinds of candy and fun stuff off the shelves it was awesome! Things that can't be found in Russia. There are so many cute girls there! It's just really cool! I bought a couple of cool hats as souvenirs for Volodia the younger and I, as well as a Yosemite Sam figurine and a whole bunch of candy.




My MTC comp. 






At the Starlight diner in Moscow on the way back to Voronezh.

Ziggy piggy!

No comments:

Post a Comment