15 November 2022

Who is Christ?

April 15th 2022
Who is Christ? Who is this guy who lived in ancient times that is so thought of today and how does it affect me?

With something that happened so long ago, it's no wonder it's hard for the youth, who've only been around for a few short years, to understand and comprehend and really grasp what's going on in this world and who He is.
The miracles He performed, the scripture written about Him, it's hard to comprehend until you feel Him perform one of those miracles in your own life. I felt Him perform a miracle in mine. That's when I truly understood or at least began to grasp the understanding. At 45 yeaars old. I finally had a glimpse. 

20220425.1
I feel Him. 
I felt Him last night, as I studied the ten commandments in Exodus 20. I felt Him comfort me yesterday after my wife and I got into an argument and she left to stay at her mothers for a few days. Not comfort that I was in the wrong or right, but comfort in staying on the path that will lead to resolution. 

He IS the God of this world. Under the direction of the Father, he formed it, nurtured it and molded it into what it is today. Man has certainly corrupted, pillaged and raped it. But He will return and cleanse it anew. 

He is my comforter when all other comforts betray me. My relationship with Him is the one I cherish above all others. I feel joy and peace when I am able to share that with my wife and I wish my kids could feel it too. But His relationship isn't one to be forced. He prefers to knock quietly, unobtrusively. Patiently waiting for us to open that door and let Him in our lives. 

Oh, what gifts He brings !!! 
His light brings clarity to a dark and loathsome existence. With that clarity comes understanding, acuteness of mind. Like the light of a brightly shining candle, I want it closer so I may continue to appreciate the clarity, comfort and understanding. At times, I drift away, the light fades according to how far away I allow myself to drift from His shining countenance. Yet He softly, patiently, waits for me to return to Him. He cannot veer from His path but He patiently waits for me to return to Him. Ready to continue along the path from where we left off when I strayed. 

The warmth of His presence. 

Purpose filled existence. 

A Love beyond all loves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment