26 September 2022

Prayer

Q: 

How can God hear everyone's prayers all at once? 

With so many people praying at the same time. That has to be overwhelming to Him. 

A:

Because God lives outside of time. 

He created the Universe and everything in it. Including time. God is a higher dimensional being. One of those dimensional traits being time. To Him there is no past, present or future. They simply exist all at once. He can visit any point in time at his leisure and in whatever order He see's fit. So He has all of eternity to answer your prayers. Not whimfully, or rushed. He has time to casually sit and thoughtfully ponder how to answer each and every prayer offered by every individual, ever. He carefully decides how to interact with each of us personally in each and every moment of our lives. He Loves each of us individually and knows each of us personally and on such a deep level that I imagine He takes careful thought, how and when to answer each prayer offered to Him. 

Often times when I pray about something specific, I thoughtfully settle down and the moment I start the prayer, before I can actually think about how to phrase my question, the answer is given. Then if I'm listening, often times further explanation will follow. 

The thing that surprises me most, is how often and how quickly my sins are forgiven. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if after this life is over and we're settled in the next realm of existence, God takes us by the hand, guides us to specific moments of time in our lives and asks us how we'd like Him to respond and interact with us. Then better sharing His perspective, perhaps He asks our future selves what will we listen to in that moment in time that would help us most on our eternal path. 

My takeaway from this understanding is to give Him time to respond, to thoughtfully listen. To try to stay in tune with His spirit so that I may receive the messages when the timing is best.

One of the most frustrating answers is when I'm supposed to chose for myself. That there isn't necessarily a right or wrong answer. But that I have my agency and should chose for myself. Perhaps in His infinite knowledge and understanding, our growth can best and only really happen when placed in these certain situations. Perhaps some choices and subsequent growth can only be truly appreciated when we're deprived of the eternal perspective and forced to chose on a level playing field between good and evil. Balancing everything going on in our lives at the time and making a choice that best suits that unique situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment