24 August 2021

Natural antibodies vs. Vaccination antibodies

I contracted Covid last year around Thanksgiving from my boys. I assume they contracted it from school. It took about 5 days to recover from the 14 days spent in quarantine. (3 of those days sucked) So, I have the natural antibodies and have chosen to stay unvaccinated. Here is why:

Based on my research with the available data at this time, natural antibodies are about twice as effective at neutralizing the virus. (~40% vs. ~80%) While it's true that vaccines and subsequent boosters contain other protein combinations designed specifically to battle mutating variants, their effectiveness is still not as potent as natural antibodies are against mutated strains. From my understanding of the research done thus far, the delta variant maintained the protein sequence from the alpha variant. So the T-cells in my healthy immune system will more than likely identify and eradicate the delta variant without my knowledge of ever having come into contact with it. That's not to say I won't succumb to the gamma or lambda variants, for example, that the subsequent vaccines could very well protect against. But with the long term in mind, I'd still prefer to establish a more effective immunity than a less effective and volatile one. 

An argument I've heard is that if the entire population would vaccinate, these variants wouldn't have an opportunity to reproduce and consequently would eventually be eradicated. While this holds mostly true with polio and other such diseases, based on the data I've read, this particular virus, like the flu, will spread and mutate regardless. If the mortality rate were higher or the consequences worse, I'd more than likely fall on the vaccination side and choose to get the vaccine. 

People with compromised or weakened immunization systems should very much consider these vaccines.  But for the larger, more healthy population, building up our natural immunity will prove by far more effective and with less side effects and unnatural consequences, than natural immunization.

Therefore, I am healthy and have consequently chosen to let my immune system do the far more effective work of protecting me than the less effective vaccines. 

An argument could be made that the immunity will wear off. Well I've never heard of someone who needed to be re-vaccinated for the same virus variant. But still considering this, I've chosen to be tested for antibodies every two months, just to err on the safe side. Should a test ever come back negative for the antibodies, I will re-evaluate at that time. 

This is all besides the point from the associated risks and side effects from the occasionally lethal vaccines. 

There we're a few other sources I based my research on but I couldn't find them. My goal was to get just data, no opinions from either side of the argument. That being said, it seems that even scientific sources contain a certain level of bias. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-021-03777-9

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz-15-studies-that-indicate-natural-immunity-from-prior-infection-is-more-robust-than-the-covid-vaccines

No comments:

Post a Comment