20 April 2021

Dream about building up the Church

19April2021

I had a dream about working on the Salt Lake Temple. It seemed to be under some type of perpetual construction. The work being done on the temple wasn't typical construction. It was as though it were made out of a solid piece of stone. Despite the construction, there were tours being made and sessions being done. The work being done by each individual was making something beautiful or destroying something with the tools given them. Some old things being torn down, Some old things being preserved and cherished. Some people were using the tools given them to add to this beautiful work in unique and individually creative ways. Adding to the beauty of the temple in a way that only their own individual talents and personality could provide. 

There were cycles of tumultuous disagreements and times when there was peace and unison. When I went to do my session or work. I passed through rooms that were finished, ornate and beautiful. Eventually making my way to a solitary, unfinished area. As far as I could tell, I was somewhere in the middle to outer section of the temple. The walls and areas of this section were not finished or beautiful, they were simply roughed in from existing rock. They were blobs of material yet to be chiseled away or built up. I was given two tools. One for each hand. They were in the appearance of two large candlesticks. Made of a very hard marble like material. And the stone being worked on in the temple, was of a softer stone. The tools had a narrow, sharp thin point protruding out of the end. There were odd shaped ridges throughout the length of the the tool, it was uniform in thickness and a bit wider at the base, as to keep one's hand from slipping off. 

Standing alone, suddenly a temple worker appeared before me. I was encouraged that this certain section of the temple needed to be worked on and deconstructed. I could not tell if it was a good or bad worker, I only knew he was trying to get me to tear this certain section of the temple down and chip it away. This worker was given all the time he needed to convey his full thoughts and ideas. Then when he was finished, I was left to my own thoughts. To decide what to do with the tools and information given me. When I hesitated and didn't start the work, I was engaged by yet another temple worker. Who instructed me that the other worker was in fact evil and instead, encouraged me to use my talents and tools to build the temple up. Explaining that the work to be done, needed to be done in unison with all those around me. That we needed to be one, and at peace. Then, and only then, could the work proceed forth in producing the beautiful temple that the Lord desired. The only way I could tell the difference between the two workers, was in the good or evil of their suggestions. Whether the work they were suggesting was to build up, or to tear down. 

And thus the dream went on. I noticed many diverse people, doing many different kinds of work. When there were periods of tumult and division, it was more chaotic and the temple was generally being torn down. (Although, during these times, not everyone was tearing down, some where still building up.) On the other hand, there were times of peace and unison. During these times there was a great focus on being one. During these peaceful times it was as though people were sitting in the celestial room. It was much easier and less confusing during these times, to see the positive work being done to the temple. It was being built up.

Oddly enough, during both these times there were gay and transgender people mixed in among the congregation and the workers. Most were building up but some continued tearing down whatever they could. 

Most people at the temple were making positive efforts. Some were divisive and tearing down. Oddly enough, no one would make any effort to stop those who were tearing things down. They had listened to the evil workers suggestion, that the work that needed to be done was in tearing the temple down. But there were many, in fact most were building it up. This is how the work of the Lord went forth. Building the temple up in these growth cycles. Although it was being torn down in areas, It generally trended towards being built up. Its completion was inevitable, yet the work was eternal. 



(After thought; how beautiful a thing could it be if each person holding back and acting shy, were bold enough to let their talents run free and confidently contribute what only they could make.)







No comments:

Post a Comment