30 July 2026

All My Grief

These past two months have been some of the most trying and spiritually affirming months of my life. I've felt Austin very strongly on the other side directing and guiding us as we navigate our grief. And the grief has been overwhelming, to say the least. I've been through some hard things in my life but almost none of it holds a candle to the pain I am feeling of Austin's loss. It's a pain I wouldn't wish on anyone.

I have poured all the energy of my sorrow and grief into writing a book. Speaking from the depths of my heart and soul, this is the last bit of advice I wish I could have given Austin before he crossed over. In many ways, this book is the answer I wish I could give to the pain he was carrying.

You can't change the course of a river overnight, and you most certainly can't do it alone.

He was burdened by the overwhelming weight of the greed and corruption he saw in this world, including the selfish use of the world’s precious resources for corporate greed and wealth. His heart was tender. He saw and fought for the underdogs, wherever he saw them.

Regardless of the different rivers we all face, this book is my attempt to turn my pain into something hopeful, while at the same time honoring Austin. Something that says we are not meant to do any of this alone. We find another stone. Then another. We brace together. And little by little, what once felt impossible can begin to change the course of a river.

If you would like a copy, let me know. I plan to give away as many as I reasonably can, primarily to those who are mourning Austin with us. The hardcover is already available through Amazon and Barnes & Noble. The softcover version should be available on Amazon beginning August 8th, once it’s approved. I’ll share that information when I have it. I consider any funds surrounding Austin’s passing and memory sacred, and all proceeds will go directly back toward gifting more books and supporting future projects in his memory.

Since Austin’s favorite hoodie was his tie-dyed hoodie, I’ll also be giving away the tie-dye ribbons I’ve been making, as a small reminder that even after someone passes, love can continue to grow and that the people we care for are never truly gone. That idea is also becoming the theme of the next book.

I don’t know exactly what all of this is going to look like. I’ve had thoughts about creating a nonprofit or something similar, with the idea of helping support people who have ideas for changing the course of a river. Seeing a needed change, joining hands with like-minded people, and making a real difference in the world, feels like a good way to honor Austin.

If you read the book and feel comfortable leaving an honest review, that would be appreciated.

More than anything, I hope this book finds the people who need it.

I’ve included a few of my favorite pages as a sneak peek into the artwork and message of the book.









No comments:

Post a Comment