13 June 2018

20 years ago today - Kinder Eggs - 30 Apr 1998

30 Apr 1998

I received a phone call from President Wright this morning. My first reaction was Oh no! I'm in trouble for something! I answered and he wanted to know if he could have my extra star wars figures from the kinder eggs I have been collecting. His kids like them but he really wants to make a chess set with them. What a relief! I'm so going to give him all of my extra star wars figures. Cool eh?! Thought I'd write that in the journal. I've been decorating my other journal with star wars stuff.


Here are a few other highlights I missed sharing:

21April
Moved today in today with my new companion, Elder Rupp. We are sharing the apartment with two members who will be going on splits with us. Kolya Maximov and Igor Kupaev.

22 April
Cool day contacting with Igor. We started out the day by running around the lake in the park near our building.

23 April
Ran again this morning with Igor. Took my camera this time because there is a  hole in the ice in the lake where people in the "polar bear club" go swimming.

24 April
Too sore to run with Igor today.

27 April
7 hrs finding with Igor. We visited a Russian Orthodox temple. Had a fiasco with the language in the temple. I learned the word for pocket (Kaman). Turns out it is considered disrespectful to keep your hands in your pockets in the temple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment