07 July 2015

Austins first stitches

We took the boys to their first swimming lesson of the season. We arrived early to let them play in the pool until it started. The lesson was about to start so I called the boys back, Austin slipped getting out of the pool. It didn't appear out of the ordinary. But after putting his towel around him I noticed he had a small patch of blood on his towel. I asked him if he had a bloody nose and checked him out. At first I didn't notice anything but then checked him a little closer. His chin was split wide open! And oddly enough, it wasn't bleeding too badly. He didn't even feel what had happened. Right away a fellow father their for his kids swim lessons, stepped up and offered his assistance, saying he was a paramedic. I assured him that he needed stitches as he checked him out. He agreed and said, "that looks like about 5-6 stitches right there." Then said we would need to let a lifeguard know because they are supposed to fill out an accident report. We took Austin into the medic station where they patched him up for me to take him to the doctor.  

When at the doctors office, Austin had asked to see the picture his Mom had requested. And at periodic intervals he requested pictorial updates. He then asked something I never would have expected a seven year old to ask. He asked if I would record the doctor putting the stitches in for him so he could watch it later. I told him that would be fine so long as the doctor was okay with that, which he was. 

Before

After

Warning!
Graphic Content!

So for your viewing pleasure. Austin getting stitches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment